As the school year winds down, we all begin to look forward to the long, lazy days of summer … or do we? Summers can be long and tedious for kids who don’t have anything worthwhile to do, which is why a summer camp program can be a lifesaver for both working families and stay-at-home parents who don’t want to hear the dreaded phrase “I’m bored!” all summer long. [Read more…]
Today we’d like to highlight the inspired work of Westerville Area Resource Ministry (WARM), one of the local non-profits featured in our holiday “Give Where You Live” fundraiser. Originally founded in 1972 by volunteers from St. Paul’s Catholic Church, WARM now encompasses the efforts of several other local churches to provide assistance to individuals in the Westerville area who are living at 200% or below the federal poverty guidelines.
“WARM is a client-choice food pantry and jobs assistance agency,” says Lauren Stauffenger of the group’s Development & Communications department. “That means our clients shop through the pantry and make selections based on family preferences and diets. Each client meets with a representative who works with them on job and life skills to join them on the journey towards a life of God-reliant self-sufficiency.” WARM emphasizes that it is a hand-up – not a hand-out – to all residents within the 52 square miles of the Westerville City School District. This includes over 88,000 people!
Currently, WARM’s most pressing need is a space to grow. “There has been a gradually increasing influx of neighbors in need, and the search for funding to be able to continue providing resources is top of mind,” says Stauffenger.
In addition to their long-term goal of gaining a larger space, current donations will ensure that every family in Westerville has a happy and blessed holiday season. To learn more, visit www.warmwesterville.org. Thank you, everyone at WARM, for making a difference in our community!
Click here to visit Muth’s Facebook page and vote for WARM on the contest page. Each vote equals $1 that we will donate to WARM or your organization of choice. The winning group (humans or animals) will split an additional minimum donation of $500 from Muth & Company!
At Muth & Company, helping local non-profits is a cause that’s close to our hearts. “Giving where you live” helps local individuals, local families, local animals, local volunteers, local businesses and the local economy. In short, it makes our community a better place for each of us to live and work!
Now through Dec. 13th, 2013, we are conducting a new Facebook “like” campaign to benefit several area non-profits that do tremendous good for the greater Columbus community.
- Helping Hands of Harlem Township works throughout the year to aid those in need within the community with food, school supplies, children’s clothes and shoes, and other emergency assistance.
- WARM (Westerville Area Resource Ministry) provides compassionate, short-term assistance, educational services and spiritual support to encourage individuals to achieve a faith-based, self-sufficient life while restoring dignity and hope.
- The Humane Society of Delaware County is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping abused, neglected and homeless pets find their forever homes.
- PetPromise of Columbus is dedicated to helping to create a world where there are no more homeless pets through education, rescue, sterilization and adoption.
Giving is always fun, but to make this campaign even more exciting YOU get to decide which groups will get the largest donation! Will it be the animals or the humans? Click here to visit our Facebook page and vote for your favorite group on our contest page. New visitors must first “like” our page to vote. Each vote equals $1 that we will donate to animals or humans (up to 2,000 votes or $2,000), with the final amount divided between the two non-profits in each group (Helping Hands and WARM for humans, Humane Society and PetPromise for animals). The winning group will split an additional minimum donation of $500 from Muth & Company!
This contest is open to everyone, even if you’ve already liked the Muth & Co. Facebook page. If you have, share the news with your friends. If not, like our page and join the fun! Together, let’s all “give where we live”!
For those of you who aren’t familiar with Muth & Company Roofing, here are a few things you should know about us.
- We’re experts. When it comes to product knowledge, customer service, workmanship and warranties, no other Columbus roofing contractor compares to Muth & Company. It’s no accident that our team has received the Angie’s List Super Service Award for 14 years in a row! We’re an A+ rated company with the Better Business Bureau. We have also been GAF Master Elite™ certified since 1998, and in 2012 we were one of only 28 companies in the country to earn the GAF President’s Club Award for our dedication to training, service and inspections.
- We’re family. Muth & Company was founded by Chad and Gina Muth in 1992. We’ve always been a family-owned business, and as the company has grown so has our “family” of great team members. Many have been with us for 10 years or more! We like and trust the people we work with, and you can trust us with your home.
- We’re local. Our team members are your friends and neighbors, and we love Central Ohio. It makes us proud to protect and beautify area homes and businesses each day – because this is our town.
- We’ve got heart. For more than 20 years, Columbus-area homeowners have made us their first choice for home improvement. We’re committed to giving back to the communities that have helped us succeed by supporting worthy local organizations such as Habitat for Humanity MidOhio, the Stefanie Spielman Fund for Breast Cancer Research, the Humane Society, PetPromise, Big Walnut Friends Who Share, Helping Hands of Galena and Worthington Kilbourne High School athletics, as well as many other sports and school programs around Central Ohio.
- Our motto. Surround yourself with good people and you’ll have a great company!
Know when you choose Muth & Company Roofing, you’re hiring good people and one of the best companies in the business. We want to earn your business. Call Muth & Company today at (614) 882-0900 for a FREE estimate on roofing, roof repair, insulation, skylights or gutters anywhere in the greater Columbus area!
Muth & Company’s Heather Hacker is the kind of person everyone wants to have around. “Life is too short to be anything but happy!” she says, which is probably why she’s always cheerful and smiling. Heather has worked as our administrative assistant since February 2013, making her one of the newest members of the Muth team. Her responsibilities include customer service, contracts, and assisting management and the sales staff with numerous tasks. “Heather fits in perfectly here,” says Chad Muth, president of Muth & Company. “She has just enough moxie to stand her own ground but is still respectful of others in the office. We’re glad she joined our family.”
Heather holds an Associate’s Degree in Business Management plus certification in Bioscience Technology, an indicator of her many interests. She enjoys traveling and learning about different cultures, reading and spending time with loved ones. Her favorite person to spend time with is her 13-year-old son, Dylan, whom she calls her “greatest accomplishment.” Her future goals include raising Dylan to be a “responsible, respectable, honest man.”
During her down time, Heather enjoys watching NCIS, CSI and Criminal Minds, and cheering on the Ohio State Buckeyes. Her favorite place to dine out is On The Border. If she could go anywhere for a day, she would go whale watching somewhere in the Caribbean.
Heather’s favorite part of working for Muth & Company is the people. “We have an amazing group,” she says. “We’re not a small company that is going to be out of business next year. We’ve been around for a long time. Muth & Company stands behind its work and we genuinely care about our customers.”
Thanks, Heather, for being a part of the Muth & Co. team!