How to Know When You Need a New Roof
Many homeowners who call us know that their roof is coming to the end of its service life, but aren’t sure how much longer it will last. Others are taken by surprise when their roof springs a major leak because they were unaware of earlier signs that it can no longer provide the protection they need. No matter the situation, Muth & Company Roofing can help.
As one of the most experienced roofing companies in Columbus, Ohio, we’ve seen it all and we know how to fix it all! In many cases, we can make repairs that will extend the life of your roof for several years. However, there comes a time when a roof is damaged beyond reasonable repair, or it has simply worn out and replacement is the only option. At times like this, it’s good to know we’re the Columbus, Ohio, roofing professionals more local residents and commercial business property owners have called on than any other.
Look for These Signs
There are several signs that indicate a roof may have issues. To avoid surprises, we recommend an annual inspection by Muth & Company Roofing to find and diagnose the cause.
- Ceiling spots. Stains on your ceiling may be caused by roof leaks. Keep in mind that water often travels, so the location of a leak may not be directly above a ceiling stain.
- Damaged flashing. Problems with flashing, the metal strips around vent pipes, chimneys, windows and skylights, are the source of a great majority of roof leaks. Causes may be weather, improper installation or age.
- Missing shingles. Shingles that have been blown off a roof by wind must be repaired quickly. We can help you determine if you should file a homeowner’s insurance claim to cover the repairs.
- Worn shingles. Shingles that are cracked, blistered, curled or excessively worn must be replaced to avoid leaks.
- Excessive algae or moss growth. These tiny organisms can break down the structure of a shingle and trap moisture on its surface, causing premature aging.
- Buckling, warping or sagging roof deck. The roof deck is the foundation of your roof, and must be free of rot and structural damage. We can make repairs to decking prior to installing a new roof.
If you discover any of these problems, there’s no need to worry. Simply contact Muth & Company, the roofer Columbus area residents rank #1 among all roofing companies in the area, for a professional inspection and honest guidance regarding what to do next.
Get a FREE Estimate from the Roofing Contractor Columbus, Ohio, Rates Highly
Call Muth & Company today at (614) 682-3060 for a FREE estimate on Columbus roof repair or Columbus roof replacement, or complete the form on the right side of this page. Our service areas include Columbus, Dublin, Worthington, Lewis Center, Westerville, New Albany and surrounding Ohio communities.